If you’ve recently worked through your infertility diagnosis and are contemplating other family-building options, you may wonder, “Why do people choose surrogacy?” After all, you’ve likely already spent a lot of time and money going through infertility treatments.
If you have decided that surrogacy is the right choice for your family, click here to contact a surrogacy professional.
Choosing surrogacy means choosing to keep striving for your dream of growing your family. With the right surrogacy professional, that dream can become a reality.
In this guide, we’ll examine:
- Why do people choose surrogacy after infertility
- What surrogacy is and how it works
- The benefits of working with a surrogacy agency
Why Choose Surrogacy After Infertility?
Before we talk about why do people choose surrogacy, we want to tell you that you didn’t cause your infertility.
According to the Mayo Clinic, 10% to 15% of couples in the United States experience infertility, and it equally affects men and women. It’s common for a doctor to be unable to pinpoint the cause of infertility within a partnership. You are not alone.
Ensuring You’re Ready to Move on From Infertility
It’s common to feel sadness, frustration, and even guilt after going through infertility. Before choosing another family-building option, it’s essential to process these complex emotions. The following people can help you work through this time:
- Infertility counselor: An infertility counselor can help you move through infertility grief.
- Infertility support group: Support groups are filled with people who have been through what you and your partner have experienced.
- Surrogacy professional: Even if you’re not ready to pursue surrogacy, a surrogacy professional can direct you to infertility counselors and support groups to help you work through this time.
Talking to Your Partner About Surrogacy
You and your partner have been through a lot. You’ve likely had to frequently communicate about your feelings and family-building plans in the past year, and if you choose to pursue surrogacy, those conversations will continue.
When you start seriously talking about why surrogacy is the best choice for your partnership, consider these points about surrogacy:
- If you work with a surrogacy agency like American Surrogacy, you could match with a surrogate in as little as 30 to 90 days.
- Working with a surrogacy agency can take a lot of the stress and uncertainty out of the surrogacy journey.
- Your surrogacy professional will ensure your rights and finances are protected.
What is Surrogacy?
Your surrogacy will include you and a gestational carrier. This means that the surrogate mother who carries your child is unrelated to your baby.
Why Women Decide to Become Surrogates
Women who become surrogates receive two main benefits from helping intended parents grow their families.
- Women receive base compensation along with other reimbursements for their time. This money allows them to fulfill help themselves and their families.
- Women who choose to become surrogates do so to help another family grow. Surrogacy is a kind and selfless act.
Why Intended Parents Choose Surrogacy
While there are many family-building options intended parents can pursue, people choose surrogacy because it gives both parents a chance to be genetically related to their child.
Why Surrogacy Agencies are Worth Working With
Intended parents can choose to have an independent surrogacy, but you’ll experience many perks if you move forward with a surrogacy agency.
Surrogacy agencies ensure that your surrogacy is 100% legal while providing other emotional and practical services vital to your surrogacy’s success.
Why Surrogacy Agencies Consider Your Emotions
Professionals at surrogacy agencies are experts at understanding your emotions because they’ve served many couples and people just like you.
Even if you’re not ready to start your surrogacy journey, a surrogacy professional can direct you to support groups and infertility counselors who can help you work through your emotions. A surrogacy professional will always be there whenever you’re ready to try surrogacy.
Common Surrogacy Agency Benefits
In addition to providing a surrogacy professional who will be with you every step of your journey, surrogacy agencies also offer several other benefits. These surrogacy perks include:
- Other surrogacy professional references: This includes references to fertility clinics, medical professionals, donor services, and family attorneys.
- Surrogate matching services: Surrogacy agencies already work with pre-screened women ready and prepared to start the surrogacy process.
- Financial security: National surrogacy agencies like American Surrogacy have programs that protect a family’s finances if a surrogate doesn’t work out. In the event of a disrupted surrogacy agreement, you’ll be able to match with another surrogate and try again.
- Continuous support: Your surrogacy professional will support you throughout your entire journey.
The following surrogacy agencies can help you on your path to parenthood:
Why do People Get Surrogates?
There are many reasons for surrogacy. Intended parents choose to use surrogates for the following common reasons:
- One or both people in a couple experience infertility
- People are in a same-sex relationship
- Couples prefer not to pass on certain genetic traits to their child and choose to use donor gametes
- They are hopeful single parents
What to Expect on Your Surrogacy Journey
Intended parents go through the following steps on their surrogacy journey.
- Decide surrogacy is right for you
- Complete surrogacy screenings with the support of your surrogacy professional
- Sign a surrogacy contract
- Start the medical surrogacy process
- Confirm the pregnancy
- Bring your child home
Why Choose Surrogacy to Build Your Family?
Determining why surrogacy is right for your family after experiencing infertility takes time. But, once you and your partner are ready, your dream of parenthood can come true.
Contact us today if you’re ready to find out more about surrogacy.