Working with a surrogacy agency is essential because they provide many benefits to intended parents. But, how do you decide what surrogacy professional to work with?
Contact a surrogacy professional today to learn more about how you can find a surrogacy agency that meets your family’s needs.
Following these four steps can help you find an excellent surrogacy agency to help you on your surrogacy journey:
- Step 1: Consider surrogacy agency services
- Step 2: Start your surrogacy agency search
- Step 3: Talk to surrogacy professionals
- Step 4: Choose the agency you want to work with
Continue reading to discover how to find a surrogacy agency to help you build your family.
How to Find a Surrogacy Agency
Finding a surrogacy agency in your area isn’t difficult if you know where to look. There are local and national surrogacy agencies that will help you build your family.
Step 1: Consider Surrogacy Agency Services
First, it’s important to consider the surrogacy services you need before finding a surrogacy agency. The following are some surrogacy agency services that can significantly benefit you during your surrogacy journey.
Work With a Surrogacy Professional
A surrogacy professional is dedicated to making your surrogacy journey go smoothly. Surrogacy professionals will:
- Help you through every step of your surrogacy journey
- Ensure you receive all the practical and emotional support your family needs, like infertility counseling
- Help you craft the right surrogacy plan for your family
- Coordinate legal and medical services
- Contact mediation
Find a Surrogacy Agency That Handles Family Profile Creation and Marketing
Some national surrogacy agencies work with internal or external marketing agencies to help create intended family profiles.
These profiles contain:
- Photos of your family, home, and hobbies
- Information about your life and interests
- A written introduction of you and your family
- A personal letter that details why you’re pursuing surrogacy
- Other information that makes your family unique
Find a Surrogacy Agency That Offers Short Match Times
Surrogacy agencies already work with pre-screened surrogates ready to start the surrogacy journey with your family. This means you have to opportunity to match with a surrogate quickly.
For example, our market research shows that the average wait time at most surrogacy agencies is 12 to 18 months. But, if you work with an agency like American Surrogacy, a national surrogacy agency that’s created successful surrogacies since 2013, the average wait time for intended parents is only 30 to 90 days.
Step 2: Start the Search to Find a Surrogacy Agency
Start your quest to find a surrogacy agency by searching online. You can typically find surrogacy agencies near you by:
Find a Surrogacy Agency by Asking Friends, Families, and Doctors for References
If you know someone who has gone through the surrogacy process, you could ask them if they enjoyed their experience with the agency and if they would work with them again.
Your family physician also is likely aware that you’re trying to grow your family. They may have a list of agencies and fertility clinics they trust.
Find a Surrogacy Agency by Searching Google
Begin your internet search by searching terms like:
- Surrogacy agencies near me
- Top-rated surrogacy agencies near me
- The best surrogacy agencies
This search will likely yield quite a few agency results. You can narrow down the results by making a list of the agencies that get the most starts on Google (five is the highest possible rating) and the most reviews.
After you have a list of agencies you are considering working with, it’s time to make some calls.
Step 3: Talk to Surrogacy Professionals
When you start calling surrogacy agencies, you’ll want to ask the surrogacy professional you talk to a list of questions to help you find a surrogacy agency that can meet all your needs.
Some questions to ask include:
- How is your organization regulated? Do you have any licenses?
- We live in [state]. Can your agency work with us?
- What benefits does your surrogacy agency offer?
- What is the average cost of completing a surrogacy with your agency? Can you work within my family’s budget?
- How long will our surrogacy take? How long does it typically take to match with a surrogate at your agency?
- How much involvement will I have with the surrogacy process?
- How do you advertise to prospective surrogates? How many surrogates are you working with right now?
- Will you help me through the surrogacy screening process?
Step 4: How to Find a Surrogacy Agency to Work With [The Interview]
After you ask each agency what they can provide you, and determine who you want to work with, it’s time to move forward!
Generally, you can expect to go through the following steps once you start to work with an agency:
- Get paired with a surrogacy professional
- Undergo all surrogacy screenings and background checks
- Create an intended parent profile
- Match with a surrogate
- Sign the surrogacy contract
- Start the surrogacy medical process
- Pregnancy confirmation
- Go to OBGYN visits and watch your baby go
- Experience your baby’s delivery and enjoy parenthood
Start Your Surrogacy Journey Today
Now that you know how to find a surrogacy agency, you can start your surrogacy journey. Contact a surrogacy professional today to get the life-changing process started.